Applying to PVA
To apply, follow the steps listed below:
1. Read the application requirements for the discipline you’ll be applying to (see links in yellow section below). Dance, for example has different criteria than Art.
2. Download and complete the PVA Application Form.
- Attach your most current report card or transcript (for some CBE students, this may mean your last grade eight report card).
- Attach your Student Reflection.
- Dance applicants should also include a reference letter, preferably from a dance teacher.
3. Bring your application form and attachments to Central’s main office.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2018-19 school year is Friday January 12th, 2018 at 2:30.
Auditions/interviews will be scheduled to take place during the last two weeks of January. (Make sure you bring everything that is required).
INTERVIEW REQUIREMENTS FOR:
1. Late applications will be accepted but space is limited, so we recommend getting your paperwork in before the deadline.
2. Where programs have room, auditions/interviews will be booked by individual teachers after we receive your application form.
How to Register
Registration for Central Memorial’s PVA program begins after you receive an acceptance letter.
Letters will be mailed to all candidates at the end of February to inform students as to whether or not they were successful in the audition/interview process. Acceptance letters will outline the registration process.
If you have not received a letter by March 17th, please direct inquiries to our main office secretary at (403) 243-8880 ext. 2311.
Applications received AFTER our first round of auditions WILL be given an audition/interview if space in your desired program is still available. Letters will be sent out following your interview/audition and you will be called to set up a registration appointment. Late registrations make timetabling and course selection more difficult. We strongly encourage candidates to submit their paperwork before the January deadline outlined above.